Please see below for the course curriculum: comprised of video lessons, strategies, and step-by-step tutorials. See also the "Newly Added Content" section for lessons that have been released recently, based on student request, product trends/changes, and new insights.
- Brands Built Entirely on Facebook & Instagram - What do They Know?
- About Me
- What You'll Learn in this Course
- Agenda for This Course
Facebook's Ad Ecosystem
- Facebook's Ad Ecosystem and the 10 Year Roadmap
- Beyond the Facebook Blue App
- Cross-Channel, Cross-Device, Identity Tracking
- The Emergence of Digital Native Companies, Built on Facebook and Instagram
- Programming the Right Instructions: Campaign Objectives
- Modern Problems Require Modern Solutions
- Ad Ecosystem Quiz!
- NEW: Ads Manager Part 1: Beginner 101, Navigation, and Reporting
- NEW: Campaign Structures: Evolving From Basic to Advanced
How to WIN the Facebook Ad Auction
- How the Facebook Ad Auction Works
- The Underlying Auction Formula That Runs EVERYTHING
- How to Win at the Auction
- Minimizing Constraints on Delivery
- Why are Lookalike Audiences So Powerful?
- Building a Robust Lookalike Targeting Strategy
- NEW: A Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up Lookalike Audiences (in Ads Manager)
- The "Learning Stage" of Optimization
- Preventing "Significant Edits" & Learning Resets
- What Exactly is the Facebook Pixel? Why is it a MUST?
- Facebook Pixel Implementation Principles
- Placement Liquidity (Automatic Placements & Asset Customization)
- Post-Click User Experience
- Key Takeaways
- Ad Auction Quiz!
Lessons and Strategies of the Best Advertisers
- Who are the Best? Why Should We Care What They Do?
- 1. Campaign Automation
- 2. A) Campaign Budget Optimization
- 2. B) Example of Campaign Structure
- 3. A) Bid-Constrained vs Budget-Constrained
- 3. B) Manual Bidding - How Do You Do It?
- 3. C) Manual Bidding - How Does It Actually Work?
- 3. D) Manual Bidding Examples - How to Choose the Right Bid Amount
- 3. E) Advanced Bidding Strategy with LTV Cohorts
- 3. F) Cost Cap vs Bid Cap vs Target Cost Bidding
- 4. Laser Focused on Signal Volume
- 5. Fully Leveraged Targeting Capabilities
- Key Takeaways
- What the Best Advertisers Do - Quiz!
How to Build Amazing Ads
- The Mobile Attention Span
- Creative Best Practices and Considerations
- Stories + Feed Video + Static = Winning Combination
- Deconstructing Excellent Ads - Part 1
- Deconstructing Excellent Ads - Part 2
- Deconstructing Excellent Ads - Part 3
- Adding Motion to Static Images (Cinemagraphs)
- The Ad Library - An Incredible Tool No-one Knows About
- Animoto - My Choice for Building Great Ads
- Creative Hub Gallery - For Inspiration & Exploring New Formats
- Native Ads Manager Editor - Quick & Easy Templates
- Canva - General Design Resource with Templates
- Key Takeaways
- How to Build Amazing Ads - Quiz!
Newly Added Content & Advanced Lessons
- Lead Ads Part 1: What are Lead Ads & Who Should Use Them?
- Lead Ads Part 2: Why Use Lead Ads?
- Lead Ads Part 3: Step-by-Step Tutorial, How to Setup a Campaign + Copywriting Tips
- Lead Ads Part 4: Best Practices
- eCommerce Campaign Structure Guide
- Dynamic Creative: Super-Easy, Automated Ad Creation
- Ad Policy Part 1: Policy Compliance
- Ad Policy Part 2: Preventing Disables, Appeals, Limiting Impact on Business, and More
- Ad Policy Part 3: How to Create Backup Business Manager, Ad Accounts, and Audiences
- Scaling Ad Spend Part 1: Case Study + Prerequisites
- Scaling Ad Spend Part 2: How I Scale, Scaling Tactics, and Leaky Buckets
- The Audience Overlap Analysis Tool
- Conversion Optimization Windows
- COLD Starts Part 1: How to Start with No Data, the Cascading Method
- COLD Starts Part 2: Step-by-Step Tutorial
- Dynamic Ads Part 1: Intro, Key Benefits, and Requirements
- Dynamic Ads Part 2: Step-by-Step Tutorial
- Video Poll Ad Unit: Quick Tutorial
- The "Learning Limited" Notice and The Optimization Spectrum
- Advanced Retargeting & Ad Decay Model
- Congrats on Finishing the Course!
- What's Next?